Wednesday 15 January 2014

The Samburu-Maralal saga - Part III

After Dawn...
Here I was thinking we are done. Sweet sleep woke up to view the last hour of nature before leaving the region, then bam! Mud!... muddy mud. We find the muddiest section ever! 


First we pass a stuck lorry, they were using spades to scoop out mud & create a path, then ahead of us one bus & another lorry blocking the way. So we wait for one of them to find an escape. Lady passengers from the bus were so freaked out they got out of the bus, the sliding, skidding, tilting, for a split second I thought the bus would topple. So we watched & waited from a distance hoping will not have to find an alternative route & we didn’t! Thankfully…


So long mud! Or so I though.

We skidded a few more times passed some river that with all honesty seemed like it would sweep us out! Rushing water & the 4×4 had to pass through it & guess where there is a path & avoid the potholes.

Just before I got used to the unpredictable terrain I was told, 'welcome to Kenya' :-) finally! A tarmac road!

No mud, no skidding, & best part, I won’t have to worry about pushing the 4×4!

Grand!


What caught my attention was the statement ‘welcome to Kenya’ which to them was a common statement; they live in Samburu and visit Kenya occasionally. No comment.



So I arrive to my destination but it seems my trip's adventure is not over!

Arrmmm, in other words, my adventure hasn’t ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment